Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When the craving hits...

"Great dinner Bud" - Laura
"Yeah, that hit the spot. I'm so full." - Ryan
"Yeah." - Laura
"I mean I'm stuffed." - Ryan
"Mmm hmm." - Laura
"So, do you want to watch an episode of The Off..." - Ryan
"I need something chocolate." - Laura
"What?" - Ryan
"I need something chocolate. Now." - Crazed lunatic

We all have our cross to bear. I know that. Unfortunately, mine is covered in chocolate. I would rather work out for two hours every day (which I don't) if that meant that I could eat whatever I wanted (which I do). Dessert after every meal makes Laura a happy chica. I have a sweet tooth and post-dinner is when the craving really hits.

This is the exact reason I don't buy the following...I will eat them.
  • Oreos (Double or Regular)
  • Hershey Kisses or Hugs
  • mini Kit-Kats or any other 'Fun Size' candy bar
  • Wafer Cookies
  • Those amazing Keebler Fudge Sandwich cookies
  • Girl Scout Cookies (all)
  • Ice cream (all)
  • M&Ms
  • Donuts
  • Chips Ahoy
  • Cool Whip
  • Pudding Cups
  • Carmel Squares

Sure, it will start out innocent enough - just two, okay maybe three, to take the edge off. And then I become a crack feend in need of a fix and before I know it a whole sleeve of Double Stuff Oreos have been dunked and consumed.

Halloween is a very tough time in the High Household for candy - buying a variety bag, or two, on October 1 with good intentions...and then more candy bought that I don't like on October 30 because I ate everything the first go around. Lesson is never learned.

So when the above dialogue took place this evening I hit the kitchen to see what I could pull together without involving getting into the car to buy ingredients or driving to Bobby's...sweet, wonderful Bobby's.

This craving lead me to a wonderful recipe I found online from the FoodNetwork.com for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.

I love this recipe because I had all the ingredients (like any chocolate crack feend should) and it was sooooo fast! Like ingredients pulled out, mixed, jammed into a pan, baked and cooled in less than 45 minutes! I won't even retype the directions or ingredients because it honest to goodness is that simple! I didn't do the white chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Just Plain Jane chocolate. Delightful.


Here's hoping your chocolate craving was settled by this post. I know mine was.

Yum,
Laura

 Funny Reminders Ecard: Don't touch my chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment