Monday, August 15, 2011

Baking Blogs Will Make You Fat

Greetings one and all.

There was no baking in the High Home this week/weekend due to lots of fun happenings including, but not limited to a Taylor Swift concert, Harry Potter, Cardinal's games and travel to Albany, NY.

But ultimately because I think this blog is aiding to my addiction and my love of carbs and raw sugar. Writing a blog about baking has consequences...a big butt and jiggly thighs should not be part of this. So a week off won't kill anyone right? Right.

So, why not have a beer?

This leads me give a high-five, shout out, fist pump and tip-o-the-cap to my office and a wonderful program I get to be a part of called No Boundaries. I'm currently in Saratoga Springs, NY and am going to learn from a master...a brew master... the ins and outs on brewing beer and all the TLC that goes into it.

Mahar's Public Bar

 If I could stop drinking my dessert this would probably help in this whole fat booty syndrome. But if you're looking for a great dessert beer - tonight I had a Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. I wish my house smelled like this beer. An imperial beer, which I learned tonight, is an extreme on everything - hops, taste, smell and ABV (Alcohol By Volume). Very impressive and yummy.

Way more to come...whether you want it to or not...but loads of photos, tastes, sights and perhaps some sounds, of a once in a life time trip.

Yum,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Southern Tier makes such good beer (I <3 their Gemini). I would love to try that!

    ReplyDelete