Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome!

Hi there friends, followers and fans! My name is Laura and this is my blog.

It probably isn't the best sign to start a blog with a disclaimer but this is my blog and I feel the need to...well...disclaim.

DISCLAIMER:
I am NOT a professional baker. They tend to look like this....

Note how clean he and his kitchen are.

And when I bake, I tend to look like this...

Yup. I'm eating a cookie while I make other cookies.

I feel better already for disclaiming that. It is true though. I'm just a chica that likes to dabble in sugar and spice and everything nice. In this blog I'll share some of my original confections but mostly I hope to have this blog be a culmination of other recipes I've tried from other blogs, sites, magazines and so on. Hopefully I can become a one stop shop for those looking for something sweet to bring to a party. Unfortunately for me, this means all my trade secrets and party desserts will be stolen by my friends and family (who will surely be the only people reading this. HI!).

DISCLAIMER 2:
Friends and Family - if you plan on using these recipes at a party that I'll also be at, please let me know so we both don't bring the same thing. Man, that would be embarrassing. 

My Sister feels that fruit is not allowed in dessert, my husband doesn't like cake and my nephews are really messy when they decorate cupcakes. I won't let their bad taste or lack of motor skills deter me however. I hope to run the gambit on this blog - pies, cookies, cakes, ice cream (funds for buying Laura an ice cream maker will be taken later) and so on.

Oh and

DISCLAIMER 3:
I'm a busy lady, which means this might be a once a week deal. Good things come to those who wait, right? I usually hit a baking frenzy when it gets cold out so expect, come snowy season, a multitude of treats.

Well if I haven't lost you yet (thanks Mom) I really do hope you enjoy the blog, recipes and (should be funny) stories of my triumphs and um we'll call them less than triumphs in the kitchen.

Yum,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. ok i already loves it. bring on the banana choco chip cookie recipe! and more pics of you eating while baking because that made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this was very funny and very true with the small exception that I don't believe that VEGETABLES belong in desserts. Carrot cake, yuck! Zucchini bread, no thanks! But bring on the strawberry short cake. Do you take requests? You know what's coming...yellow cake with chocolate icing!!!

    ReplyDelete